Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Best Abode - Etsy Spotlight: Koji Kitaoka

Contemporary Japanese pottery past times Koji Kitaoka on Etsy BEST HOME - ETSY SPOTLIGHT: Koji Kitaoka
Shinogi Mug Cup ($30)

Contemporary Japanese pottery is a huge tendency these days with its handmade minimalistic aspect featured with many of the most pin-worthy styled interiors. The elegant together with refined ceramic mugs together with bowls of Koji Kitaoka are a characteristic representative of this agency together with it is a neat abide by to convey him today on the spider web log talking well-nigh his creative journey, correct later the jump.



Tell us a piddling flake well-nigh yourself together with your store.
I'm Koji Kitaoka. a potter living inwards Fukuoka, Japan. After graduating from academy inwards Tokyo, I moved to London together with lived in that place for ii years. There, I worked at a local eating theatre piece studying at a linguistic communication school. Moving dorsum to Tokyo together with experiencing several types of jobs, I started to mean value that I wanted to brand something that volition travel along me ambitious together with inquisitive. I besides realized I was skillful at creative work. Then pottery, which was my father's profession, came to my hear together with I sentiment I would give it a try.

From 2007, I studied at Arita College of Ceramics for ii years. After graduation, I worked at a pottery studio inwards Toki, Gifu for a year. In 2010, I moved dorsum to Fukuoka, my hometown, to operate at my father’s studio together with got established. My studio is inwards an environs of small-scale forests, well-nigh 10 kilometers from the middle of Fukuoka city.

I met the people (sales assistants) who wishing to innovate my pieces abroad at local arts and crafts fairs, together with they helped me opened upwardly my Etsy store 2 years ago.

Contemporary Japanese pottery past times Koji Kitaoka on Etsy BEST HOME - ETSY SPOTLIGHT: Koji Kitaoka
Shinogi bowl 8.3in ($42)

What is it that makes your products special?

H5N1 skillful combination of design, shaping together with firing. 


Which of the products y'all convey inwards the store are the most pop with your customers? Why practice y'all mean value is that?

Products decorated with Senmon lines. These are designed quite merely together with got a unique aspect on their surface.


Do y'all convey whatsoever favorites from your collection?

Yes, I similar my Senmon series, peculiarly the bowls. 

Contemporary Japanese pottery past times Koji Kitaoka on Etsy BEST HOME - ETSY SPOTLIGHT: Koji Kitaoka
Senmon cafe au lait bowl due south ($30)
Contemporary Japanese pottery past times Koji Kitaoka on Etsy BEST HOME - ETSY SPOTLIGHT: Koji Kitaoka
Trapezoid linen bowl ($30)

What influences your work?


Vibes (according to the mood at the time) together with wishing to create products. 


How practice y'all commonly travel along yourself inspired?

H5N1 mount of operate tin give notice supply a lot of inspiration.

Contemporary Japanese pottery past times Koji Kitaoka on Etsy BEST HOME - ETSY SPOTLIGHT: Koji Kitaoka
Contemporary Japanese pottery past times Koji Kitaoka on Etsy BEST HOME - ETSY SPOTLIGHT: Koji Kitaoka

Describe your studio. What practice y'all similar the most well-nigh it and/or what would y'all similar to change?

My studio is located 10km away from the middle of the urban gist together with surrounded past times woods. I convey skillful access to the urban gist but besides a terra firma environment. I actually similar this location. It’s got plenty infinite for operate together with living, together with I’ve besides got a wood stove. If I had an air conditioner inwards the studio, operate during humid summertime fourth dimension would endure to a greater extent than comfortable!


How has your business/store evolved over time?

Each fourth dimension I made progress, e'er I got opportunities coming from novel skillful people.


Were in that place whatsoever defining moments inwards your career?

Yes. when I met my sales assistants on Etsy shop. They gave me the run a hazard to endure connected with customers overseas through Etsy. 

Contemporary Japanese pottery past times Koji Kitaoka on Etsy BEST HOME - ETSY SPOTLIGHT: Koji Kitaoka
Shinogi sake loving cup ($15)
Contemporary Japanese pottery past times Koji Kitaoka on Etsy BEST HOME - ETSY SPOTLIGHT: Koji Kitaoka
Shinogi Demitasse loving cup ($25+)

What is the 1 affair y'all would alter if y'all were starting over?

Nothing!


What aspects of your business/store practice y'all savour the most/least? 

My products tin give notice endure found fifty-fifty from overseas via Etsy. That's the betoken I appreciate the most. These handmade products can't endure made together with then speedily similar a mill made. That's the betoken I'm enjoying the least.


Where practice y'all run across your delineate organisation inwards v years time? 

I convey no idea! That's it, really! 

Contemporary Japanese pottery past times Koji Kitaoka on Etsy BEST HOME - ETSY SPOTLIGHT: Koji Kitaoka
Contemporary Japanese pottery past times Koji Kitaoka on Etsy BEST HOME - ETSY SPOTLIGHT: Koji Kitaoka


You tin give notice uncovering Koji Kitaoka on instagram together with pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment