Thursday, July 21, 2011

Best Abode The Doodle Wall Art

The family room makeover was a proficient chance larn creative in addition to tackle a few real depression budget projects.


Let’s showtime amongst this, the doodle - wall art.

The affair is, I didn't induce got a "doodle" :D inward my heed when I started this project, nope. 
In fact, I had a totally dissimilar painting present of what I wanted. Most precisely, this tile mosaic projection past times A Soft Place to Land. 
Mine would live done with newspaper in addition to choosing dissimilar colors.
Source
 I began past times constructing my frame, married adult man came abode 1 twenty-four hr menstruum amongst several pieces of gratis plywood.  I cutting 1 to the size I needed.


And on the back, I attached pieces of 1x2 pine, all or thus it; I didn’t fifty-fifty bother mitering them.
As usual, the lilliputian blast holes in addition to cracks were caulked, sanded in addition to and thus the whole slice was painted.
I bought some sheets of newspaper at the arts and crafts store; cutting 1'037.485 lilliputian 1”pieces in addition to began gluing them amongst regular Elmer’s glue.


Ha, it took lots of fourth dimension in addition to precision! ;)

Almost done!

Put it on display over the fireplace, in addition to …….. ta da hhh!  
I DIDN’T LIKE IT!!! ðŸ˜ž

I gauge at that topographic point were besides many contrasting colors. 
I left it at that topographic point for a pair of weeks, thinking what to practise instead.
I didn’t fifty-fifty accept a consummate painting present of my groovy piece.
But then,  I only decided to accept it downwards in addition to forget virtually all that color mess.  I painted all over it.  
Then, I went to find the biggest brush I had, in addition to amongst my kids arts and crafts dark pigment (the entirely dark I had available), I painted a doodle.  (The brush has to live sooooaked amongst paint!).

In the end, I sort of similar the texture the lilliputian newspaper squares gave to this project.
I’m notwithstanding non besides happy, but for straightaway it’s gonna remain correct at that topographic point for some time.
Now, onto the Ottoman change...
I similar to continue changing things, I intend I already told y'all that similar a hundred times. 
Well, this ottoman has had thus many makeovers. :)
Every fourth dimension I alter it, I think: Oh, this is the best! But pretty soon I larn tired of it.

Plain in addition to simple! when inward proficient condition.


Floral, yellowish Slipcovered.




dressed upward for X-mas.

                   Again, slipcovered when I moved it into some other room.                


-


Well this time, I only took off the master copy fabric. (The legs in addition to the push clit embrace too).
-Using spray adhesive I attached a thick slice of batting all or thus it and  stapled it underneath.
-Right on overstep I placed the cloth (like zebra print), also stapling it underneath, in addition to tucking inward the the extra cloth inward the corners.

-The bottom embrace in addition to legs were in addition to thus re-attached.
Hmmm, I’m already thinking virtually getting some other slice of cloth to alter the expect for the summer.

Lets nation that's my means to induce got fun. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment